Hello, we’re the Local SEO Group
Flexible, Results Driven, & Proud.
Search marketing that actually works.
Effective Experience in Every Industry Imaginable
You name it, we’ve most likely worked in it.
From plumbing, to joinery, to loans, to pharmaceuticals, to furniture and sleep therapy, we’ve had success for clients in every industry imaginable.
And we will do the same for your business.
Services by the Local SEO Group
Here is some more information about what you can expect from us.
What is Search Engine Optimization and is it different in 2019?
Modern SEO has changed a lot in the last 10 years. We’ve gone from an era of Google infancy where the algorithm was easy to manipulate and came down to who had the most money / resources to spend on building links. Then the Google updates came (most famously Panda and Penguin) which leveled the playing field a lot, and meant that the industry had to be smarter about how it optimized websites. Now the focus is much more on good website changes, relevant and authority links, and maintaining a good user experience for your customers.
Local search marketing involves much more location based signals than a national search (obviously). This means we have to optimize some local specific SEO factors such as:
- Local citations must be from trusted sources.
- These include sites like Yelp, Yell and Foursquare.
- There may be industry specific sites that are also appropriate.
- An example of these would be a trusted plumber directory.
- There may also be location specific directories to consider.
- An example of these would be a Sheffield based directory.
Google My Business
- It’s important to choose the most relevant category and sub categories for your Google My Business Profile.
- Make sure to fill out all of your business information and add photos.
Local Link Building
Links from local bloggers, local social media influencers, local news sites, and local based directories are all great ways to get local links that will improve your Google rankings.
Local On Page SEO
- It’s important to get your business information on the website.
- This can then be marked up with schema.org code to help Google understand it.
Ecommerce SEO in 2019
Online shopping is only getting more popular as we move into 2019 and beyond. With that being said, you want your website to rank as highly as possible, to make sure your products are considered during the buying cycle. Amazon dominates many low value searches, which makes it even more important for your company to focus on higher value products that have a certain USP, and for industries that have more research involved in the buying process.
On Page for Ecommerce Websites
Ecommerce websites suffer from many issues that large websites do, and that is organisation and site structure.
Site Structure and Faceted Navigation
- You have to make sure each page Google indexes contains unique content.
- Faceted navigation often indexes duplicate content that doesn’t really change.
- It’s usually best to canonical these back to the main category list.
The site structure of your ecommerce website should be logical, and useful for your users to shop on. Categories should contain the keywords your customers search by, such as “Red Shoes”.
Ecommerce Product Page Optimization
For your product pages, you want to focus on keywords that reflect the products qualities. For example a red shoe with high heels and a black bottom should be described as such, instead of “Red Shoe AXB”.
Ecommerce Category Page Optimization
Category pages are often trying to serve lots of users who may all want different things. This makes them navigational search gateways, and so the use of internal links to other categories or filters for product lists is essential.
Ecommerce Link Building
Links to ecommerce sites should usually be recommendations from bloggers to specific product / category pages. You may also get PR mentions for an interesting product type, or simply to the homepage after some news. You can also manage a blog on your site, which can attract links through content marketing.
It’s very important to get reviews on your ecommerce website, as customers as much more likely to buy from you if you have a bunch of good reviews. You can get reviews by emailing previous customers, or calling them up during your after sales process.